We began as an action group in 2001, our focus was to help community-centric ideas get momentum, we rallied support to save the Gratwick Swimming Pool and were trying to address other inequities with a public interest.
The Port Hedland Community Progress Association Inc was officially formed on 7 September 2006. We are made up of a small group of stakeholders in our town, who wish to see a better Port Hedland for all.
Our purpose is to align with Community, Government, Industry and other groups and bodies to promote and progress the community and towns throughout the area of Port Hedland.
The PHCPA acts as a vehicle to encourage idea sharing throughout the community and explore relevant issues in the town, and create pathways that will progress ideas to reality.
It is open to anyone who wishes to see progress in Port Hedland.
How we work;
- linking unrelated groups with a common goal or project to achieve the desired outcome
- Sharing information with different sectors to understand consequences decision making
- lobbying relevant Government Departments
- lodging submissions on behalf of individuals and groups
- identifying funding opportunities for relevant projects
- being an independent voice to industry
- liaising with all levels of Government, Industry and community
- encouraging and guiding “Local Action Groups”
- The Port Hedland Community Progress Association represents the community on any projects that Progress Port Hedland
- Panorama Project Consultation
Are you interested in joining our committee? Simply complete our Membership Application Form and submit your application.